What information does the Application gather and how is it used?
The Application may collect certain information automatically, for instance, information about the location of your device for the purpose of providing the Application and other information about the way you use the Application.
The data collected is processed using computers and IT-enabled tools and appropriate security measures are taken to prevent unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorised destruction of the data.
The data may be used for legal purposes in court, or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from the improper use of this Application or related services.
The legal basis for the above processing shall be the following:
- Consent; or
- legitimate interests i.e. the proper administration of the beSafeMoris App;
Do third parties see and/ or have access to information obtained by the Application?
Only aggregated, anonymized data may be transmitted to external services to help us improve the Application and our service. MT will not share your information with any third parties except in the ways that are described in this privacy statement.
We may disclose data collected:
- as required by law, such as to comply with legal process;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- with our trusted services providers who work on our behalf, do not have an independent use of the information we disclose to them, and have agreed to adhere to the rules set forth in this privacy statement.
What are my opt-out options?
You can stop all collection of information by the Application easily by uninstalling the Application. If you have opted to get notifications and you wish to stop receiving push notifications, you can change the settings on your mobile device.
- As an App user you have rights under the data protection law. Although we aim to give you a gist of your fundamental rights, it is imperative that you do not rely strictly on our explanation but should read official guidance from the relevant authorities to be fully informed.
- Your basic rights under data protection law are the following:
- the right to access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to object to processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority; and
- the right to withdraw consent.
- You have the right to:
- Confirm whether the personal data may be processed;
- Know where we process it;
- Access your personal data;
- Access additional information including the details and purposes of the processing;
- Access to categories of personal data;
- Be aware of the recipients of the personal data; and
- Obtain copy of your personal data provided that the rights and freedoms of others are not affected.
- You have the right to rectify any personal data about you, which proves to be inaccurate, and remaining mindful of the purposes of the processing, you may complete any incomplete personal data about you.
- Circumstances wherein you have an immediate right to the erasure of your personal data include the following:
- Your personal data are no longer necessary for the purpose for which they were collected or processed;
- You withdraw your consent;
- You do not consent to the processing under certain rules of data protection law; or
- The data was unlawfully obtained given that the processing was for marketing purposes and you never consent to same;
- Please note that there are exceptions to the right of erasure, which include circumstances when processing is necessary to abide by a legal obligation.
- You retain the right to restrict the processing of your personal data in the following circumstances:
- You dispute the accuracy of your personal data;
- Unlawful processing but you object to erasure;
- Your data is no longer required for the purposes of processing but you need it in relation to legal claims
- You retain the right to object to the processing of your personal data on the basis of your specific situation but subject to the processing being necessary:
- For the performance of a function carried out in the public interest; or
- If acts are carried out by an official authority; or
- For the purposes of our legitimate interests or that of another third party.
Should you choose you to object, the processing of all your personal information shall cease absent the existence of compelling legitimate grounds which unequivocally demonstrate the need to process such information despite the latter procedure overriding your rights, freedom or if the processing is required to establish or defend any legal claims.
- You retain the right to object to the processing of your personal data including profiling, for marketing purposes and we shall accordingly forestall or halt the procedure.
- You retain the right to object to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of historical research or for statistics on the basis of your specific situation save and except if the processing is necessary in the public interests.
Subject to the legal basis of the processing of your personal data being:
- consent or it is necessary for the performance of a contract; and
- such processing is carried out by automated means.
- You retain the right to obtain your personal data from us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format provided it does not infringe the rights and freedoms of others.
- You retain the legal right to lodge a complaint with the authority responsible for data protection if you are of the view that the processing of your personal information violates data protection laws.
- You retain the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information at any time provided that consent was the legal basis prior to initiating that process. Subsequent withdrawal of consent shall neither affect nor question the legality of the processing of your personal data prior to withdrawal
Data Retention Policy
We will retain the data you provided for as long as you use the Application and for a reasonable time thereafter. Please note that some or all of the data provided by the user may be required in order for the Application to function properly.
Other Sites and Social Media